Well, to start off there's this one guy. We met and (hooked up and then) went on a few dates. Then he left for travel for a month or so...
We are still talking and things have progressed great so far. But things are no where near as perfect inside my head! Seriously, why can't I just stop worrying? This is my short list of crazy things I think about/fear:
1) He will leave eventually. Every guy does, unless you marry them. This is not likely to happen with anyone I meet this young. I want things to work out with him, more than he will ever even realize. And just like all the other guys, it will be sooner than later. Probably as soon as I let him in fully.
[Here my rant on him goes, heads up ya'll]
Literally, he is PERFECT! His hair is so soft and unique and when he pushes it back I just melt. And his eyes are so filled with passion all the time. You can just tell he sees the world in a completely different way; he sees the world through a filter that is all his own. And when he looks at me, he sees the things that no guy has ever bothered to notice. When he is working all day long, he still wants to call me and talk to me! He cares when I am sad, he wants to hear what is wrong. And when his arms are around me, the entire world melts away. And when I lay there, in his arms, nothing else matters. When I am almost in tears, if I can hear that voice, I am happy. I am not sure why I feel this way about him. I have no idea in fact. And truthfully it scares the shit out of me.
[Back to the other stuff]
2) Once he sees the real me, he will run for the hills... I know I would! With all the shit I have gone through in my life, it is no wonder that I have issues. Between the eating disorder, the depression, anxiety... [etc.] I sometimes don't even like me. And yes, it is getting better. But I still have a long way to go and will never fully be 'cured'. No one ever is. You just learn how to cope.
3) What if this is all a lie? We have all been there. That one guy that is magically able to see like 4 girls at once. I have no idea how they manage to keep everything straight or even fake emotions like they do, but it is not uncommon. And who knows? This could be that situation. I could be 1 of 4, or even 1 of 10 girls he is talking to. I have no idea! And I hate not knowing this.. It makes me feel so uncertain. I really don't think he would do that, but then again, I said the same thing about the other guys that have screwed me over... I want to be able to know that I am the only one. And no one ever truly knows that, that what trust is for and all of mine has been used up.
4) What does he really want? I don't know if there is much else he could want, I have pretty much given everything up sexually. But hey, I am a good student (for the most part) maybe he wants a tutor.. Wouldn't shock me. Plus he's SO damn hot.. why would he want a nerdy girl like me.
5) He is too good. Back to my rant [which I could keep going on but won't, you're welcome ;) ] I haven't seen ANYTHING that is bad yet! He worries about me and get just the right about of jealousy so I know he cares, but nothing bad! It's kind of starting to freak me out. I want to see a flaw in him, I want to so I don't feel like I am a nut case (which I totally am!)
I just want to know that he is not perfect and that he really wants all of what I have to offer. I want to know that he is real! Perfection is so rare! And even if he is perfect, what does he see in me?! I really like him!
There is nothing more scary then letting someone so perfect enter your world because once they leave your entire life will never be the same. And I want to fall in love with you, Mr. Perfect Man. I am just more terrified than you will ever know. He makes every other guy turn to dust. Erik is everything I want, but everything I am too scared and insecure to get. Erik is perfection.